Are you a resident of New Jersey and looking to make a payment for your parking tickets or any other tickets related to Traffic Violations? Here is an easier and convenient way to make the payment, to avoid unnecessary penalties or fines.
You can visit the NJMC’s website and follow a few simple steps to make the payment.
- Good Internet connection.
- Payments can be made via Computer or mobile.
- Parking or Traffic Ticket.
- License plate number.
- Payment can be made using Credit/Debit card.
NJMC Direct Guide:
- The payments must be made before the due date or the court can Issue a warrant, Suspend Driver’s license or impose additional fines.
- The court must be notified within 3 days, should there be any address change.
- If by chance the payment could not be made on time, the court must be informed in writing or via phone with valid reason.
- Except for a parking ticket, a record of the conviction will be sent to the Motor Vehicle Commission (MVC) that issued your license. Effective September 30, 2005, if you hold a commercial driver’s license and you are convicted of two or more serious traffic violations, the MVC may be depending on your record, suspend your commercial driving privileges even if the violations were committed in a non-commercial motor vehicle.
- Visit the NJMC’s website through the official website.
- Click on ‘Continue’.
- Enter the ‘Court ID’ in the first column followed by ‘Ticket Prefix’, ‘Ticket Number’ and ‘License Plate Number’ in the adjacent columns.
- Once the details are validated, it proceeds to the payment portal.
- Here the payment can be made using Credit /Debit card.
If the penalty is between $41 – $ 87: $2 is charged as a convenience fee. Likewise for $88 – $200 penalty: $3 is charged as a convenience fee.
- Increased Speed and Convenience:
- Reduced Transaction Costs:
Online Payment Hours:
It is through the Municipal Courts that most citizens in the State come into contact with the judicial system, either as a defendant, a victim, or a witness. Since most citizens will never appear before another court, it is from their experience in the Municipal Courts that most people base their conclusions about the quality of justice in New Jersey.
The Municipal Courts in New Jersey are considered courts of limited jurisdiction, having responsibility for motor vehicle and parking tickets, minor criminal-type offenses (for example, simple assault and bad checks), municipal ordinance offenses (such as dog barking or building code violations) and other offenses, such as fish and game violations.
For more detailed questions relating to traffic ticket information, you can contact the responsible Municipal Court directly to the office.
- New Jersey Municipal court address: 365 Summit Ave, Jersey City, NJ 07306, USA and the telephone number is +1 201-209-6700.
- New Jersey Judiciary Office of Communications: PO BOX 039 Trenton, New Jersey 08625.
NJMCdirect Phone Number
If you have any issues or to provide comments about the New Jersey Judiciary web site or about NJMCDirect Login privacy statement, you can speak or make a call to the court representative at 609-292-9580.